Writing in Public challenge continues.
For the last two weeks, my word count has been way, way down. Month to date, it's been under 10,000 words. This week didn't help matters any.
At the office, it was a very busy week. There were lots of security patches to push out. There were updates to deploy. There were projects to move forward and projects that popped up to trump the ones I'd been working on earlier in the week. Most evenings I came home exhausted not feeling much like writing. I suppose some of the professional authors out there would sympathize and say they've been through this, too. Others would chastise me for not taking the writing seriously and moving forward with it whether I was tired or not. So be it.
When the weekend rolled around, some out-of-town family members arrived. We spent as much time with them as we could, because we don't see them as often as we'd like. So much of the weekend was spent away from the house and away from the computer. Even the times were were home included a bit of entertaining of the family. I'm not complaining about the family time, just saying that it displaced the time I often spend writing.
I've also spent a fair amount of time with a home brewing gadget I acquired, trying to understand if the gadget had problems or if I simply had higher expectations than it could deliver. I still don't have the answer to that question.
So here it is Sunday night and I've written about 1,200 words this week, including this post. I do have some ideas for future posts, but ideas aren't written words.
AUGUST 2015 WORD COUNTS
- The Mimas Object (a story in the Alliance universe): 0 words
- The Revenant (a story in the Alliance universe): 0 words
- Writing Notes Taken: 0 words
- Brewing Notes Taken: 0 words
- Alliance of Sentient Lifeforms (ASL): 0 words
- Begin Brewing: 5,856 words
- Columbus Beer Scene: 1,298 words
- How to Write Fiction: 0 words
- Windows Desktop Administration: 0 words
- This Blog: 1,459 words
- Journaling: 1,924 words
- Opening Lines Written: 0 lines (0 words)
- Opening Paragraphs Written: 0
- Opening Pages Written: 0
CHALLENGE - YEAR TO DATE RESULTS:
Record Word Counts:
- Day: 8,693 (March 29, 2015)
- Week: 20,589 (April 6-13, 2015)
- Month: 56,486 (March 2015)
|Month of Challenge||Words Written||Days||Words/Day|
|Avg. Words per Day||1,131.2|