Writing in Public challenge continues.
Monday I stayed home to help get my wife to her doctor appointment and to assist her around the house. Her accident last Saturday left her with her dominant arm in a sling and in need of help with many ordinary tasks without extreme pain. Fortunately, we learned that nothing seems to be broken or seriously damaged.
At the office, this was an incredibly taxing week for me. Adobe released a Flash Player update. Microsoft released its usual monthly patch workload. I've also had to assist in budgeting efforts around an application virtualization effort I'm responsible for completing by year-end. The stress level was such that I simply didn't have the mental energy to write most of the week.
I spent a lot of time Friday and Saturday night unwinding. I played some of the downloadable content for Fallout: New Vegas that I'd purchased a long time ago and never played. The writers, artists, and voice actors in that content did some impressive work. I really enjoyed the "Big MT" content. I'm currently working on the "Sierra Madre" part.
On Sunday afternoon, I finished a couple of articles for the Begin Brewing blog. I also pulled out the Grainfather all-grain brewing device to finish setting it up, cleaning it, and testing it. The test was a success in that I learned more about how it works, how to use it, etc. It failed in that I discovered what is either a defect in my device or a misunderstanding in how to use it. This became the material behind a 1600-word post for Begin Brewing. That made for a 3,371 word day.
My weekly total was a disappointing 4,675 words.
AUGUST 2015 WORD COUNTS
- The Mimas Object (a story in the Alliance universe): 0 words
- The Revenant (a story in the Alliance universe): 0 words
- Writing Notes Taken: 0 words
- Brewing Notes Taken: 0 words
- Alliance of Sentient Lifeforms (ASL): 0 words
- Begin Brewing: 5,856 words
- Columbus Beer Scene: 1,298 words
- How to Write Fiction: 0 words
- Windows Desktop Administration: 0 words
- This Blog: 1,182 words
- Journaling: 969 words
- Opening Lines Written: 0 lines (0 words)
- Opening Paragraphs Written: 0
- Opening Pages Written: 0
CHALLENGE - YEAR TO DATE RESULTS:
Record Word Counts:
- Day: 8,693 (March 29, 2015)
- Week: 20,589 (April 6-13, 2015)
- Month: 56,486 (March 2015)
|Month of Challenge||Words Written||Days||Words/Day|
|Avg. Words per Day||1,157.1|