Writing in Public challenge continues.
I've been managing at least 31,000 words written per month now since February. My output in February, March, and April was the highest, working out to approximately 1500-1800 words on average per day. Since then, the per-day value has been closer to 1,200.
Saturday and Sunday were spent with family and friends, and I didn't carve out time for writing.
On Monday evening, I wrote last week's summary and the July 2015 overall summary for this series of blog posts (275 words).
Tuesday it was grass-cutting time. I came in after that and wrote a post for Columbus Beer Scene (780 words), a post for this site (383 words),
Wednesday, I wrote a post for Columbus Beer scene (518 words) and a journal entry (438 words). I also added a few breweries to the Ohio Brewery List on Columbus Beer Scene (unknown word count).
On Thursday, I received my Grainfather brewing system and wrote about that for Begin Brewing (1,460 words).
Friday, no writing was done.
Saturday, I read this quote:
Excellence comes from consistent improvement. Dedication to preparation and practice yields increased excellence. Perfection cannot even be defined, let alone achieved.Being a bit of a perfectionist, this resonated with me.
Saturday afternoon, my wife had an accident and was injured. I spent much of the weekend helping her and getting the house in order, so no writing was done either Saturday or Sunday.
My total for the 9-day period was a disappointing 4,630 words or an average of 514.4 words per day.
AUGUST 2015 WORD COUNTS
- The Mimas Object (a story in the Alliance universe): 0 words
- The Revenant (a story in the Alliance universe): 0 words
- Writing Notes Taken: 0 words
- Brewing Notes Taken: 0 words
- Alliance of Sentient Lifeforms (ASL): 0 words
- Begin Brewing: 1,460 words
- Columbus Beer Scene: 1,298 words
- How to Write Fiction: 0 words
- Windows Desktop Administration: 0 words
- This Blog: 903 words
- Journaling: 969 words
- Opening Lines Written: 0 lines (0 words)
- Opening Paragraphs Written: 0
- Opening Pages Written: 0
CHALLENGE - YEAR TO DATE RESULTS:
Record Word Counts:
- Day: 8,693 (March 29, 2015)
- Week: 20,589 (April 6-13, 2015)
- Month: 56,486 (March 2015)
|Month of Challenge||Words Written||Days||Words/Day|
|Avg. Words per Day||1170.7|