On Monday, I wrote a post for this site (817 words) and a journal entry (931 words).
Tuesday evening I didn't get started writing until late. I managed a journal entry (549 words) and an article about yeast for Begin Brewing (486 words).
Wednesday night I got an unexpected message from an old friend I hadn't seen for over a year asking me to have dinner with him downtown. Fortunately, I had no plans and was able to do that. We had a nice evening catching up. I did absolutely no writing, not even a journal entry. Since my friend is a science fiction fan, I did get to discuss the ASL universe and Immortality universe with him, so there was a little bit of fiction-writing activity in there - it just didn't translate to word count.
Today is the end of Month 5 of this challenge. Today I wrote a journal entry covering April 29 and 30 (520 words). I also did some brainstorming on the ASL Mimas Object story (871 words) which I'm still unhappy with and trying to flesh out.
Below is how all this worked out in terms of word count for the month.
APRIL 2015 WORD COUNTS
- Technology Story: 106 words
- The Mimas Object (a story in the Alliance universe): 4,890 words
- Alliance for Sentient Lifeforms (ASL): 4,083 words
- Begin Brewing: 486 words
- Columbus Beer Scene: 2,448 words
- How to Write Fiction: 2,547 words
- Windows Desktop Administration: 7,858 words
- This Blog: 8,221 words
- Comments on Other Blogs: 1,038 words
- Journaling: 12,974 words
- Opening Lines Written: 24 lines (792 words)
- Opening Paragraphs Written: 10
- Opening Pages Written: 1
CHALLENGE - YEAR TO DATE RESULTS:
Record Word Counts:
- Day: 8,693 (March 29, 2015)
- Week: 20,589 (April 6-13, 2015)
- Month: 56,486 (March 2015)
|Month of Challenge|
|Avg. Words per Day||1,234.2|