Day 13 saw no writing accomplished. It was a day of celebration, and preparation for celebration, of the college graduation of my step-son Austin.
Day 14, today, actually saw some writing. I wrote about opening lines and how to practice writing them, for my How To Write Fiction blog. That article will appear online in late January.
That article reminded me that I needed to practice writing openings myself, so I did. At the end of the night, I had written eight of them. Here's my favorite:
I miss the Cold War. Sure, you never knew if some testosterone-filled bureaucrat might decide to press the button that vaporized you. But at least the electronics worked until he did. The Cyber War turned using anything electronic into a game of Russian roulette.I might have to work on this one some more.
TODAY'S WORD COUNTS
- This Blog: 140 words
- How to Write Fiction: 619 words
- Opening Lines Written: 8 openings, 271 words
DECEMBER 2014 WORD COUNTS
- Fully Invested: 860 words (notes and backstory)
- The Alliance (series): 905 words
- The Mimas Object (a story in the Alliance universe): 0 words
- Alien Love Story: 0 words
- Driven To Kill: 0 words
- Local Gods: 0 words
- The Black Eagles: 0 words
- The Old Hotel: 0 words
- None in progress at this time.
- Introduction to Application Repackaging: 0 words
- Troubleshooting Windows Applications: 0 words
- Amazon Product Reviews: 3,774 words
- Columbus Beer Scene: 4,232 words
- How to Write Fiction: 4,515 words
- Introduction to Application Repackaging: 1,488 words
- Windows Desktop Administration: 2,009 words
- This Blog: 2,688 words
- Guest Posts for Other Blogs: 0 words
- Opening Lines Written: 8 lines (271 words)
- Opening Paragraphs Written: 0
- Opening Pages Written: 0