4-5 medium Potatoes, boiled in the skin and cooled
4 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
1 medium Onion, peeled and very finely chopped
1 cup of Peas, fresh or frozen
1 Tbsp. Ginger (fresh, minced)
1 fresh Green Chili Pepper, finely chopped
3 Tbsp. Water
1 1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. ground Coriander
1 tsp. Garam Masala (an Indian spice mixture)
1 tsp. Cumin
1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
3 Tbsp. fresh Cilantro/Coriander/Parsley (whatever you can get)
One package of Egg Roll Wrappers
- Peel the potatoes and dice them into quarter-inch cubes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and put the onions into it. Fry them until they begin to
turn brown at the edges.
- Add the peas, ginger, chili pepper, fresh coriander, and water.
- Cover the frying pan, lower the heat to simmering, and simmer until the peas are cooked, stirring occasionally. Add water if needed to keep the mixture from drying out.
- Add the potatoes, salt, etc., and mix. Cook on low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool slightly, so that it can be easily handled.
- Stuff the egg roll wrappers with the filling and deep fry to a golden brown.