Last week, I managed over 10,000 words. That's better than I've done for a while, though not as high as I'd been doing in March and April.
On Monday, I wrote two posts for Begin Brewing (624 words), a post for Columbus Beer Scene (393 words), 7 opening lines (229 words), and a journal entry (664 words) for a total of 1,910 words for the day. Keeping that up would be good.
On Tuesday, I wrote a post for Introduction to Application Repackaging (920 words) about something I'd experienced at work on Monday. I also wrote a journal entry about the day (410 words). I ended the day by writing a post about security for the Windows Desktop Administration blog (629 words). That generated 1,959 words for the day.
Wednesday I managed only a journal entry (530 words).
Thursday a journal entry (309 words) and 7 more opening lines (262 words) for a total of 571 words.
Friday we went to the Dublin Irish Festival. Saturday we went on a tour with Columbus Brew Adventures (which will be written about on Columbus Beer Scene eventually) and helped a family member move into a new apartment. Sunday we attended a family event and I bottled a batch of beer. No writing was accomplished any of those days.
This made my total output for the week 4,970 words. For the month of July, a total of 36,992 words. My output for July was only slightly higher on a words-per-day or total-word basis. Of the 36,992 words, 10,458 were fiction, 8,319 were journal entries, 825 were notes for future use, and the rest (17,390 words) were blog posts.
JULY 2015 WORD COUNTS
- The Mimas Object (a story in the Alliance universe): 0 words
- The Revenant (a story in the Alliance universe): 7,922 words
- Writing Notes Taken: 0 words
- Brewing Notes Taken: 825 words
- Alliance of Sentient Lifeforms (ASL): 0 words
- Begin Brewing: 5,289 words
- Columbus Beer Scene: 2,525 words
- How to Write Fiction: 5,505 words
- Windows Desktop Administration: 629 words
- This Blog: 2,522 words
- Journaling: 8,319 words
- Opening Lines Written: 63 lines (2,536 words)
- Opening Paragraphs Written: 29
- Opening Pages Written: 1
CHALLENGE - YEAR TO DATE RESULTS:
Record Word Counts:
- Day: 8,693 (March 29, 2015)
- Week: 20,589 (April 6-13, 2015)
- Month: 56,486 (March 2015)
|Month of Challenge||Words Written||Days||Words/Day|
|Avg. Words per Day||1,195.0|