Writing in Public challenge continues.
Monday evening I spent some time putting labels on the last three batches of beer I brewed at home, so I could keep track of them all. I took notes from my reading of James Scott Bell's Super Structure book and built a review for How To Write Fiction (1,168 words) and responded to a reader comment (160 words) on an existing article there. Also did a journal entry (399 words). Total words for the day: 1,727.
On Tuesday evening, I did opening line practice. I wrote a total of 16 opening lines, 8 of which were paragraphs (525 words). I also wrote a journal entry (359 words). I also wrote a couple of scenes for the ASL story The Revenant (758 words). Total for the day: 1,642 words.
Wednesday evening, I wrote a post for this blog about the McDonald's Minions Caveman toy that people believe says "WTF" instead of laughing (1,151 words). I also wrote a journal entry (297 words). That's 1,448 words for the day.
Thursday evening I started with a journal entry (713 words). Then I wrote a bit more of the rewrite of the ASL story The Revenant (1,311 words). That's 2,024 words for the day and 6,841 for the week so far. A third of that was fiction.
Saturday and Sunday were spent visiting family, and no writing took place. When we got back home, I managed to write a journal entry (404 words) and this post (250 words).
The week's total word count was 7,495.
JULY 2015 WORD COUNTS
- The Mimas Object (a story in the Alliance universe): 0 words
- The Revenant (a story in the Alliance universe): 5,649 words
- Writing Notes Taken: 0 words
- Alliance of Sentient Lifeforms (ASL): 0 words
- Begin Brewing: 0 words
- Columbus Beer Scene: 1,233 words
- How to Write Fiction: 5,505 words
- Windows Desktop Administration: 0 words
- This Blog: 2,224 words
- Journaling: 4.757 words
- Opening Lines Written: 43 lines (1,933 words)
- Opening Paragraphs Written: 22
- Opening Pages Written: 1
CHALLENGE - YEAR TO DATE RESULTS:
Record Word Counts:
- Day: 8,693 (March 29, 2015)
- Week: 20,589 (April 6-13, 2015)
- Month: 56,486 (March 2015)
|Month of Challenge||Words Written||Days||Words/Day|
|Avg. Words per Day||1,189.1|