Writing in Public challenge continues.
Monday I wrote a journal entry (804 words), did opening line practice (959 words, 13 lines, 10 paragraphs, and 1 page), and a post for this blog about an irritating spam message (385 words). That made a healthy total of 2,148 for the day.
Tuesday I wrote only a journal entry (387 words).
Wednesday we didn't get home and finish with dinner and the dishes until fairly late. I also injured my hand during the dinner prep and had to ice it for a while, so writing wasn't something I was prepared to do until late in the evening. Wrote a journal entry earlier in the day (404 words). Did some brainstorming on the ASL story The Revenant over lunch (312 words) and wrote part of the story before bedtime (1,429 words). That made for a daily total of 2,145 words and brought up the week's average.
Thursday and Friday I wrote almost nothing. I did spent a good bit of time reading the book Super Structure by James Scott Bell. I'm learning a few good things from it.
On Saturday I started a post on how to tell the relative bitterness level of two random beers without drinking them. It took me until tonight to finish it (903 words). It's up on the Columbus Beer Scene web site already.
My word count for the entire week was 5,816 words. Another disappointing one.
JULY 2015 WORD COUNTS
- The Mimas Object (a story in the Alliance universe): 0 words
- The Revenant (a story in the Alliance universe): 3,580 words
- Writing Notes Taken: 0 words
- Alliance of Sentient Lifeforms (ASL): 0 words
- Begin Brewing: 0 words
- Columbus Beer Scene: 1,233 words
- How to Write Fiction: 4,177 words
- Windows Desktop Administration: 0 words
- This Blog: 823 words
- Journaling: 2,585 words
- Opening Lines Written: 27 lines (1,408 words)
- Opening Paragraphs Written: 10
- Opening Pages Written: 1
CHALLENGE - YEAR TO DATE RESULTS:
Record Word Counts:
- Day: 8,693 (March 29, 2015)
- Week: 20,589 (April 6-13, 2015)
- Month: 56,486 (March 2015)
|Month of Challenge||Words Written||Days||Words/Day|
|Avg. Words per Day||1,192.8|