Writing in Public challenge continues.
Lately, though, that challenge isn't going so well. After writing 47,660 words in February, 56,486 words in March, and 45,443 words in April, I've had a bit of a slump. Only 31,243 words were written in May. June is only somewhat better, as we'll see in a moment.
Certainly, having to deal with some health issues in April and May didn't help, Having other things going on in "life outside writing" kept me out of the chair and away from the keyboard. Even journaling has been in decline. However, I've continued to have plenty of motivation to continue writing. I even spent time earlier this month learning in person from Michael A. Stackpole and Maxwell Alexander Drake, and from books by Dean Wesley Smith, Kristine Kathryn Rusch, and others. I'm anxious to start putting this to work and sharing it with my readers.
Monday I wrote a bit on The Revenant story for the ASL series (1,059 words).
Tonight, I wrote a post for Columbus Beer Scene about a B. Nektar mead that's named after a line in the movie Caddyshack (670 words). I wrote a post about sharing knowledge for the Windows Desktop Administration site (659 words). I also wrote a journal entry (415 words). I even managed to crank out a scene for The Revenant story (1,372 words), and this post (248 words).
All of this resulted in a word count for June 2015 of 35,779 words. That's up from May, but down considerably from February through April.
JUNE 2015 WORD COUNTS
- The Mimas Object (a story in the Alliance universe): 2,463 words
- The Revenant (a story in the Alliance universe): 8,399 words
- Writing Notes Taken: 1,760 words
- Alliance of Sentient Lifeforms (ASL): 0 words
- Begin Brewing: 5,534 words
- Columbus Beer Scene: 3,654 words
- How to Write Fiction: 1,001 words
- Windows Desktop Administration: 2,376 words
- This Blog: 2,419 words
- Journaling: 7,881 words
- Opening Lines Written: 8 lines (292 words)
- Opening Paragraphs Written: 2
- Opening Pages Written: 0
CHALLENGE - YEAR TO DATE RESULTS:
Record Word Counts:
- Day: 8,693 (March 29, 2015)
- Week: 20,589 (April 6-13, 2015)
- Month: 56,486 (March 2015)
|Month of Challenge||Words Written||Days||Words/Day|
|Avg. Words per Day||1,195.2|