Writing in Public challenge continues.
Last week was an 11,000+ word week, which could have been better but exceeded several of the weeks before it.
Monday, I wrote a post about how to age hops for the Begin Brewing site, based on a conversation I had with a local professional brewmaster (529 words) and a journal entry (557 words).
Tuesday, I wrote a post for this blog about the Marx Brothers and lessons they can teach about success (662 words) and a journal entry (451 words). I also reached out to friends, family members, and some authors I've met, via email. I don't count those words.
Wednesday I wrote a journal entry (357 words) in the evening and part of a draft of a story for the Alliance of Sentient Lifeforms (825 words).
Thursday I wrote a bigger chunk of the ASL story (1593 words) and a short journal entry (353 words).
Friday nothing got written.
Saturday I managed a post about converting grain to extract for Begin Brewing (464 words) and a longer journal entry (605 words). That evening I brewed a Belgian style Dubbel Ale.
On Sunday, I wrote about the experience of brewing the Dubbel (1060 words). I also wrote some of my backlog of beer reviews for Columbus Beer Scene (8 in all, 2343 total words).
For the week, that made 9,799 words to add to my existing 11,326 word total, for a new grand total for the month to date of 19,965. This post brings that to 21,376 words for the month.
JUNE 2015 WORD COUNTS
- The Mimas Object (a story in the Alliance universe): 2,463 words
- The Revenant (a story in the Alliance universe): 2,418 words
- Writing Notes Taken: 1,160 words
- Alliance of Sentient Lifeforms (ASL): 0 words
- Begin Brewing: 5,241 words
- Columbus Beer Scene: 2,984 words
- How to Write Fiction: 0 words
- Windows Desktop Administration: 0 words
- This Blog: 1,166 words
- Journaling: 4,492 words
- Opening Lines Written: 8 lines (292 words)
- Opening Paragraphs Written: 2
- Opening Pages Written: 0
CHALLENGE - YEAR TO DATE RESULTS:
Record Word Counts:
- Day: 8,693 (March 29, 2015)
- Week: 20,589 (April 6-13, 2015)
- Month: 56,486 (March 2015)
|Month of Challenge||Words Written||Days||Words/Day|
|Avg. Words per Day||1219.3|